Samstag, 23. Juni 2012

Crispy Kohlrabi Medallions

Today I want to show you a fast and simple dish, I found here.
Crispy Kohlrabi Medallions are easy to fix and they are quite delicious.
In Germany Kohlrabi is very popular.
Kohlrabi is similar to american turnips, but they taste much better.
If you have the chance to get some, it would be great, otherwise you can also use Zucchinis or aubergines.

With sour cream it's dipping yummmmy...:-)




Photo by sabrina sue





Photo by sabrina sue


Crispy Kohlrabi Medallions

2 Kohlrabis or 2 zucchinis
1/2 cup milk
1 cup flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
oil
Sour cream for dipping

Peel Kohlrabis and cut them into slices no thinner than 1/4" thick.
Boil them for about 10 minutes, they don't have to be done.
If you use zucchinis or aubergines, you don't have to boil them after cutting into slices.

Pour milk into a bowl, in a separate bowl, add flour, salt, and pepper. Dip each medallion in the milk, than dip into the flour mixture, make sure each side is coated.

Once all medallions are coated, drizzle enough oil into a frying pan. Add Kohlrabis and fry for 3-5minutes or until bottoms of medallions are golden brown.
Remove from pan to a plate with paper towels.

Serve with sour cream!

I'm not kidding you, it's sooo good;-)

Kommentare:

  1. Thanks for this very site. I have been looking for this recipe for a long time. This is great! Now I can make my favorite kohlrabi.

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Hi!
      Thanks for stopping by. I hope you like them. Let me know, how they came out;-)
      I really would like to know.
      sabrinasue;-)

      Löschen

Thanks for leaving your comment;-)