Mittwoch, 11. Juli 2012

grandma´s german apple crumble pie

Today I want to show you how good a german apple crumble pie can taste and look like.
My friend told me about his grandma´s apple pie and his memories about it.
The smile on his face while he was talking about his childhood and the memories about these special sunday´s when his grandma baked that apple pie  touched my heart.
I just had to try this pie.


Photo by sabrina sue


grandma´s german apple crumble pie

crumbles

240g          flour
120g          butter
150g          white sugar



Photo by sabrina sue



Dough

500g          flour
180g          butter
180g          white sugar
2               eggs
10g            baking powder
10g            vanilla sugar

6-8             apples

If you don´t have any vanilla sugar you can make your own. It´s a nice recipe and you can also use vanilla sugar for other cakes, pies, cookies and desserts. Just have a look here.




Photo by sabrina sue

1.          For the crumbles place flour, butter and sugar in a large bowl and 
             blend them together.
             It´s much easier using your hands. Coninue mixing until it get´s           
             crumbly.

2.          For the dough add flour, butter, sugar, eggs, baking powder and 
             vanilla sugar in a large bowl and mix them until you get a smooth 
             dough.

3.          Roll dough to a uniform thickness on a large cookie sheet.
             
4.          Peel 4-5 apples and shred them. I prefer using about 6-8 apples 
             to make the pie more juicy.
             
6.          Place the shred apples on the dough and cover immediately with the
             crumbles.

7.          Preheat oven to 425°F and bake for about 35-45 minutes.


I hope you enjoy grandma´s recipe as much as I do... 







Kommentare:

  1. i will try this yummy sounding Apple crumble this weekend

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Hi, if you have any questions, let me know.
      Leave me a comment, when you baked it. I would love to hear, how you liked it:-)

      Löschen

Thanks for leaving your comment;-)