Sonntag, 21. Oktober 2012

68 pumpkin jewelry

Pumpkin recycling...
From my last pp (pumpkin post) I still had some pumpkin seeds left over. 
No more soup, already gone... I´m sorry...:-)

Photo by sabrinasue


You need:
  1. pumpkin seeds (I used 68:-)
  2. nylon thread
  3. leather strap
  4. magnetic jewelry catch
  5. acrylic color



Let´s start...
  • Kill a pumpkin ;-)
  • Dry cleaned pumpkin seeds on a baking sheet at 212°f, for about 20 minutes - keep watching... 


Don´t bake them to long, otherwise they start popping like popcorn. 
Funny, but a big mess to clean... Learning by doing, I know what I´m talking about:-)

  • Thread pumpkin seeds, with a sewing needle on a nylon thread and color them with your favorite color and let dry.
  • Make 3 pumpkin seed rows, with as much seeds as you want, the more seeds you add to your necklace, the nicer it´s gonna look like.Knot each pumpkin seed row onto the open ends of the leather strap.





Finally you created a really fancy, in my case golden shining necklace, using only a few things.
For my necklace I adapted a magnetic jewelry catch, by cutting trough the other side and placing it on each end.

The jewelry catch makes the necklace more adjustable.

Enjoy...


Kommentare:

  1. Lovely. I wish I would have saved my pumpkins seeds.

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. There will always be a next time;-) Thanks for your nice comment;-)

      Löschen
  2. Always nice to hear.;-)´Thank you so much:-)

    AntwortenLöschen

Thanks for leaving your comment;-)