It's really cold. It's "ice scrapping from my car window" cold.
I'm already wearing my warmest winter coat, with the biggest hood ever.
My face is framed by the fake fur of my hood and the biggest, cozy red scarf I could find.
I almost look like, I'm on an expedition to the North Pole. But anyway dressed up like that, I'm ready to strike down the icy cold;-)
This morning I made some chocolate chip cake balls, and while I was melting the chocolate, I thought who unfair it would be just to leave them, with a chocolate summer outfit, now, that it's getting colder and snow is not that far away.
A red cozy marzipan coat for each one would be a nice treat.
Thought and done. Finally my simple cake balls turned to fabulous marzipan chocolate chip cake balls with thiny red coats, covered by soft melted chocolate.
marzipan chocolate chip cake balls
for chocolate chip cookies:
16 tbsp cold butter, cut into small cubes
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
2 large eggs, cold
2 tsp vanilla extract
3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
6 ozs marzipan
food color (red)
1 package candy dips (chocolate)
nuts or candy sprinkles and toppings for decoration
- Preheat oven to 350°f.
- Grease 20 hole silicone cake pop moulds.
- In a large bowl mix the cold butter and sugar for about 1 minute on lowest speed.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and continue to beat until well combined.
- Mix together flour,baking powder, baking soda and salt in a second bowl.
- Transfer the dry ingredients to the butter and sugar mixture.
You should have a very stiff, lightly sticky dough.
- Add the chocolate chips and mix until well combined.
- Transfer cookie batter into cake pop moulds and bake at 350°f for about 10-15 minutes.
- After baking set aside and let cool out, before you remove the cake balls from the silicone molds, otherwise there gonna break.
- After cooling remove cake pops carefully and place them on a cookie sheet, lined with baking paper.
- Kneat red food color into marzipan.
- Roll out marzipan really thin and start cover each cake pop with a red marzipan coat.
- Melt candy dips in a medium saucepan.
- Dip marzipan coated cake balls in chocolate and place on the prepared cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle cake balls with nuts or other candy toppings.
Let chocolate cake balls dry completely, before you serve.