Dienstag, 4. Dezember 2012

cinnamon vanilla pecans

Photo by sabrinasue

This morning the first snow surprised me. It wrapped up houses and trees.
Everything looked like powdered with confectioner´s sugar. 
December is here and christmas is not that far anymore.
Yesterday I bought the first christmas gifts.
Every year I promise, this year I´m gonna buy presents for my family as
soon as possible. 
Right away, when I see something, that fits.
But as always, I never get to that early point of christmas shopping.
Not that bad...

With the snow also the christmas market started.
Christmas lights all over the place. People with hot steaming mugs of mulled
wine (Glühwein) and hot chocolate are standing around.
I love looking at the wonderful decoration.
The smell of fresh roasted nuts is all over the place...

On my way back home, with nice thoughts of the coming christmas party,  
I leave footprints and all kind of pattern in the fresh dropped snow, and think about...

cinnamon vanilla pecans...


Ingredients:

1 tbs butter
1/4 cups sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbs water
1/8 tsp salt
1/4 tsp cinnamon
2 1/3 cups pecans
3 tbs brown sugar

Directions:

Preheat oven to 230°F.

Line cookie sheet with baking paper and set aside.

In a medium pot melt butter on medium heat.

Add sugar, vanilla extract, water, salt, and cinnamon 

to the melted butter and stirr constantly, until sugar dissolved completly.

Pour in pecans and remove from heat.

Spread pecan mixture on prepared cookie sheet  and bake for about 60 minutes.

Flip over pecans every 15 minutes.

After baking sprinkle peacans with brown sugar and let cool down.

Store in airtight container.



Enjoy...





Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Thanks for leaving your comment;-)